Items to Note:
- When performing a Clone on a desktop computer, it is recommended to have both drives attached directly to the SATA/PATA motherboard.
- DiscWizard will not clone a single partition. It will only clone an entire disk.
- Source disks can be cloned to your destination "as is" or resized.
- It is strongly suggested not to format your source disk or discard it after the clone until you are confident that the new disk boots properly.
- Only Basic Disks can be cloned. Dynamic Disks cannot be cloned using Seagate DiscWizard.
*When booting to the DiscWizard CD, you will be prompted to boot normally into your Windows operating system or into the DiscWizard. Select DiscWizard.
- From the home screen of the DiscWizard software, click Tools & Utilities, then click Clone Disc.
- Select the Automatic Mode to have the source drive's partitions automatically and proportionally resized to fit the new drive.
- Select your old hard drive as the Source Disc, then click Next:
- Select the new hard drive as the Destination Disc and click Next.
- If the destination drive has been partitioned, click OK to allow DiscWizard to erase all the partitions on the drive before performing the clone.
- Review the operation and summary screen, then click Proceed.
- The clone will start and display a progress window.
- Once the clone has completed, you can shut down the computer and remove the original source drive along with the DiscWizard boot CD.